PLACE A SECURE ORDER FOR SUMERIAN LANGUAGE BOOKS
Feel free to browse the price list before you fill in your information. When you are finished, the Transmit button is at the end of this form. Please answer the new Security Question, added in 2014, which is right before the Transmit button.
Announcing the availability of the published Sumerian Lexicon with 6,400 Sumerian-English entries and a bibliography of 96 sources. This book took a huge effort to perfect and publish - it tries to synthesize and encapsulate the lexical knowledge of the world's top Sumerologists while at the same time reflecting the latest understanding of Sumerian word forms. Sumerian Lexicon: A Dictionary Guide to the Ancient Sumerian Language, by John Alan Halloran, Logogram Publishing, Los Angeles 2006, 336 pages, 9 inches by 6 inches, paperback with glossy cover $89 (ISBN-13: 978-0-9786429-0-7, ISBN-10: 0-9786429-0-2) or hardcover library binding $110 (ISBN-13: 978-0-9786429-1-4, ISBN-10: 0-9786429-1-0).
Not only is this Sumerian Lexicon the most complete available dictionary of ancient Sumerian vocabulary, with a wide range of actually used meanings in the definitions, but it aids the reader of texts with extensive coverage of Sumerian's grammatical particles.
There is a new version 3 of John L. Hayes, A Manual of Sumerian Grammar and Texts, Third Revised and Expanded Edition, Malibu 2018, 579 pages. Hayes introduces beginning students to the Sumerian language and cuneiform writing in the form of 30 lessons. Each of the lessons introduces new vocabulary, parts of speech, and additional cuneiform signs in the way that the Sumerians wrote them (as opposed to their later Assyrian form). The text for version 3 has been completely revised, and new reading selections added. These include several inscriptions of Gudea, and passages from three major Sumerian literary texts. The appendices discuss the sign lists and other resources that are available to Sumerologists.
Please use the TAB key after each entry.
DO NOT USE the "enter" key as this will prematurely activate the form.
- To order online (credit card orders): Just complete the order form and click the transmit button.
- To order online (Paypal orders): Where the form asks for your Name and E-Mail, complete the order form with your Paypal account e-mail address, indicate PayPal as the Payment Method, and click the transmit button. I will calculate the correct amount and send you a payment request from the PayPal website, for you to approve.
- To order by telephone (credit card orders): Call 1-818-901-1221
- To order by fax (credit card orders): 1-818-901-8875
- To order by mail: Mail your order with your check/international money order in US$ payable to Halloran or credit card info to:
P.O. Box 75713
Los Angeles, CA 90075
Click to return to the top page.
Copyright © 2001-2020 John Halloran, Los Angeles, California
Last modified on May 25, 2020.